Thursday 6 September 2007

Gannin' doon....

Nearly 3 weeks since the last weigh-in and I wasn't too hopeful of any losses this time, but much to my surprise I'm down 4 pounds with a body fat drop of 0.5%.
Got off to a great start offshore with loads of gym time - plenty of weights and rowing, but as the trip drew on, the long shifts took there toll with only 1 gym visit in the last week. Also, the free choccies were flying around and I was filling my boots most days!!
Fours weeks at home before the next offshore trip. I'll keep on with the light weights in the garage and try to pick up where I left off with the cycling last time I was at home, although the rowing machine has been dusted off and I'm hammering that two days out of three. Still pursuing the 8-minute abs program most days, lost half an inch since last time and theres a six pack under there somewhere.
Until next time constant reader, keep yer chins up..........

2 comments:

David Hall said...

8 minute abs programme - ooyah!

x

Helen Anderson said...

Gan-on Darren. Sounds like you are working on it. Good for you! My top tip would be to get some of your Davids food down your grid- good fuel and low in the sluggish fats and additives(e's, salt and sugars).

I know you get well looked after at home but what's the grub like at work? Do you have a healthy option which doesn't depress the living day life out of you?

Do the likes of these multi-million pound bosses of oil platforms spend the cash on you to make sure the workfforce is happy and healthy. I know you must have a gym but what the food like, the snacks available and the food education like? Maybe we you should convince them to revamp their menus 'book-the-cook' come 'expo-chef' style and get your brother into do that and some cookery demo's to the kitchen staff and workers. How good would that be? I guess you lot have the 'best tuck-shop in the world' around every corner in the form of those hidious vending machines for your sugar-rushes, which I guess is a nightmare when you are trying to loose weight. If I had one in my home office I'd not get out of the door.
See you soon. Good luck with the 6 pack.
H