Tuesday 1 January 2008

Flabby New Year

Almost four months since my last confession can mean only one thing. Yes, dear readers I fell from the wagon and tumbled into an abyss of over-indulgence of the kind not seen since the days of the great pie fest of 1988.
Although I've avoided the scales for a few weeks, I guess I'm somewhere around the 105kg mark, my heaviest ever.
So, I'm starting again from scratch but the challenge is still the same - drop 52 lbs in 52 weeks, this time I have the convenience of starting at the beginning of the year - am I kidding myself this will make any difference??
Anyhoo, to kick off the new me, I've made a resolution to give up four things..........
1. Bread - this'll be tough, I usually have some sort of bread with most meals
2. Chocolate - should be easy enough unless they start throwing around the free sweeties at work
3. Cheese - I love cheese!!
4. Biscuits - one dips and even hob nobs, they've got to go.
Apart from that, I'll be eating pretty much the same but using some NLP techniques (more on this later) to curb any over-eating.
Weigh-in tomorrow, offshore on Thursday, so first update in two weeks........

2 comments:

Chris said...

Me and Chris are with you Daz, time to get fit and be careful our downfall has been the booze, chocolate and loving it all, Chris has piled on loads of weight, anyway that was 2007!

Heres to a happy and healthy 2008!

Bob W said...

Ah, good to see your back on-line at last.
I'll be watching your progress and might give it a try myself.

Happy New Year

Bob W