Tuesday 31 July 2007

'Get with the program fatboy'

Bit of an up and down fortnight. Got off to a good start but started to fall by the wayside towards the end of the trip - a bit of a radiotherapy hangover sapped my enthusiasm with sore skin and a very sore head made hard work of my gym sessions. Was training three out of four days but each third day felt really difficult and my heart rate was sky high! Still managed plenty of rowing, some cycling and cross training. I've also started some weight training which might explain the less than impressive weight loss this time. Only 3lbs lost when I was targeting half a stone - must have been the comfort eating! Body fat is down 1% which confirms I've gained a little muscle as my lean weight has increased by half a pound.
Two weeks at home, I'll continue with the rowing and weights, I'll even try to get out on that new bike I bought a few months ago. One big hurdle will be my brother arriving for a long weekend which usually ends up a beer and food fest
More fat loss follies in two weeks.......................come on back yawll.

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

Good luck with the weight loss plan! I hear ya about it being hard to keep up with - I'll be doing good, then all of a sudden I'm exhausted! And for your brothers visit, I say have fun, and if you gotta stray away from your diet for a few days, who cares, it'll be fun!